Helping you sell smarter and faster
Good communication is the cornerstone of any successful relationship. We will take the time to explain the Selling process from helping you price your property relevent to current market conditions to guilding you through the paper work when an offer presents itself. We are well versed in all property transactions from large acreages to condos. Thinking of selling? Let Our family help yours.
Preparing you home for Sale.
- Lawn The yard should be neatly mowed, raked and edged.
- Trees/Shrubs Should be pruned and shaped to compliment the property. Older or overgrown plants should be trimmed to make the best impression of newness.
- Flowers Consider adding seasonal flowers. Consider top dressing the garden with mulch. Keep area weeded.
- Sidewalks/Driveways Should be swept and washed to remove debris, dirt and stains. Cracks should be repaired and patched.
- Painting Check the home for any needed maintenance just as a buyer would. Repaint or touch up as necessary. You can’t find a better investment when you are selling your house! Don’t let the outside turn buyers off before the inside turns them on. Sometimes just painting the trim will refresh the home. Consider a lighter color to update the home to the current preference for colors.
- Doors/Windows All doors and windows should be in good working order. Clean and paint doors if necessary, wash all windows and replace any broken or cracked window panes. Screens should be free of any tears or holes. Inspect all locks to ensure that they are functioning properly. Check rollers on sliders so that they move smoothly, replace as necessary.
- Roofs/Gutters/Downspouts Check for loose or missing shingles. Clean out gutters and down spouts. Touch up peeling areas on gutters.
- Atmosphere When placing yourself in the potential buyer’s shoes, you will want to consider the overall atmosphere of your home. Keep color, lighting and smell in mind as you go through the home. Create an atmosphere within your home as one of shelter, a place that is safe and warm, and in good condition. Remove furniture or items to allow the rooms to appear more open and larger. Keep colors in light, neutral tones.
- Smell A clean-smelling house creates a positive image in the buyer’s mind. Be aware of any odors from cooking, cigarettes, pets, etc. that may have adverse affects on potential buyers.
- Color Be cautious when selecting colors when painting or replacing carpeting. The key is to promote your home to the largest segment of the buying market as possible. Stay with light, neutral colors – let the new owner choose their own color scheme.
- Lighting Take advantage of natural light as much as possible by cleaning windows, opening blinds and drapes, etc. Add lamps and lighting where necessary. Be sure that all fixtures are clean and have functioning bulbs. Increase the wattage of the bulbs in darker areas.
- Walls Check for peeling paint, loose wall paper. Consider replacing unusual or bold colors with neutral tones.
- Floors Clean all wall-to-wall carpeting and area rugs. Clean and polish linoleum, tile and wooden floors. Consider refinishing wood floors if necessary.
- Closets Empty closets of off-season clothing and pack for the move. Organize them to demonstrate the most efficient use of space. Minimize items on floor and shelves.
- Furniture: Arrange furniture to give the rooms as spacious a feeling as possible. Consider removing furniture from rooms that are too crowded. Avoid clutter. Pack up knickknacks–both to protect them and to give the room a more spacious feel if necessary but leave enough items to give the home a personal touch. Dispose of unneeded items. Store large furniture if necessary.
- Woodwork Clean and polish all woodwork if necessary. Pay particular attention to the kitchen and bath cabinets.
- Bathrooms Cleanliness is the key! Make sure that all surfaces are spotless and remove non-skid decals that are in poor condition. Replace worn or dirty shower curtains, clean and repair caulking, store all personal care products out of sight. Repair any faucets that leak or do not function properly. Clean off mineral deposits with vinegar or commercial products. Clear off countertops. Clean and organize all cabinets and drawers. Shampoo throw rugs. Consider bringing out your best soaps and towels. Add a plant for color and freshness.
- Fireplace Sweep and clean the fireplace. Place a few logs on the grate to create an attractive appearance. You are welcome to have a fire going during showings – it creates a great atmosphere.
- Dining Room Consider adding fresh or silk flowers, or setting the table with an attractive arrangement.
- Kitchen Avoid clutter – store small appliances whenever possible to maximize the appearance of work space. Clean and organize all storage space. Sinks, cabinets, appliances counter tops should be clean and fresh.
- Storage Areas & Garage Pack items neatly in boxes or arrange neatly. Sweep/wash garage floor to remove dirt and stains. Organize tools, garden equipment, etc.
- Items Not Included In The Sale Remove (and replace if applicable) any items that will not be included in the sale of the property such as light fixtures.